Are you an artist, wordsmith, or a filmmaker? Take those awesome words and pictures in your head and show the world!
Create something about remembrance and what it means to you and your country, and you can win local and national prizes.
Deadline: November 15th each year
Who Can Enter: All kids and youth in BC and Yukon
- Poster category: Grades 1-12
- Essay category: Grades 4-12
- Poetry category: Grades 4-12
- Video category: Grades 7-12
How to Enter: Literary and Poster Submissions
- Check out the Youth Education Brochure (pdf) for more details on what to do.
- Create your work of art or literature about remembrance. You can create something that is broadly about remembrance or you can focus on something more specific - such as a family member who fought in the war, the poppy, a war memorial in your community, or the sacrifice of veterans.
- Fill out the Literary and Poster Entry Form (pdf).
- Submit your art or literature and entry form in person to the Legion Branch closest to you by Nov 15.
How to Enter: Video Submissions
- Create your video about remembrance (max 3-4 minutes). Tap into your creativity to tell a story, or to show the world how you feel and what you think about remembrance. It can be animated, live-action, an interview, a collage of images - the sky is the limit.
- Make sure the music you use is original, creative commons, or created using Youtube Audio Swap.
- Upload the video to your Youtube account (you can create an account for free if you don't have one).
- Fill out the Video Entry Form (pdf).
- Email your video link and entry form to email@example.com by Nov 15.
- Literary and Poster Prizes: Cash, trip to Ottawa, submissions will be displayed in the House of Commons or Canadian War Museum.
- Video Prizes: Macbook, iPad, iPod Touch, potential internet fame.
Want some inspiration? Check out the work of previous winners!
- 2015 Video Contest Winners
- 2014 Video Contest Winners
- 2013 Video Contest Winners
- 2012 Video Contest Winners
- Check out our teacher information sheet (pdf), and poster (pdf) for your class.
- If you'd like material to use on Remembrance Day, see our Teachers Guide.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org - we're always happy to help!