emembrance Day Ceremony
Date: November 11
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Place: Cloverdale Cenotaph at the Surrey Museum - 17710 56A Avenue
Bring your family to take part in the ceremony at the Cloverdale Cenotaph next door to the Surrey Museum and the Surrey Archives at 9:30 a.m.
After the ceremony, check out the Surrey Museum to warm up and enjoy activities:
- Children can make “peaceful crafts,” such as tissue paper poppies and thankful artwork, to commemorate the day.
- Write thank you notes on postcards that will be delivered to Lower Mainland veterans and their families.
- View WWII documentary videos in the Museum’s theatre.
- Watch demonstrations of weaving and spinning in the Textile Studio. See a heritage loom used to rehabilitate veterans and try your hand at weaving on the Museum’s table loom.
- Warm up with hot chocolate and cookies.
- Attend a presentation of BC's Home Front with local author Sylvia Crooks.
BC's Home Front
After the Remembrance Day ceremonies in the Museum's plaza, explore how World War I and II affected life in small town British Columbia with this visual presentation by local author Sylvia Crooks. Call 604-592-6956 to pre-register.
In the Archives across the plaza there will be some great activities:
- View wartime documents in our Reference Room.
- Warm up with coffee and tea in the Multi-Purpose Room.
Drop in, Admission by donation
For more information, please visit the Surry Museum's website.