For more than 85 years, the Legion has been an iconic cornerstone of Canadian communities' at the forefront of support for returning military personnel and their families.
Now, a new generation of veterans is coming home, and your gift has never been more important. Veterans will continue to turn to the Legion for support in affordable housing, career transition counseling and trauma relief. Your donation will make a world of difference to struggling veterans.
Veterans Transition Network
The Veterans Transition Program is the only program of its kind in Canada, where former service personnel can receive support for trauma-related stress, career transitions and family relationships. It is a group-based opportunity "offered free-of-charge" to former members of the Canadian Forces & RCMP.
Program objectives to successfully transition from military to civilian life:
- Provide a professionally facilitated, confidential environment that will enable participants to understand the impact their experiences have had on their lives
- Offer group-based learning experiences focused on communication & coping skills
- Teach coping skills for dealing with trauma and to reverse cultural shock
- Encourage peer interaction
- Provide tools & techniques to process past events, optimize career transition and enhance family & social interactions
- 4-three hour Friday night sessions + 4-full Saturday sessions
- Each group consists of 7-10 participants, two or more professional facilitators and two peer support workers
Free Registration: The Veterans Transition Program is free of charge. To inquire or for more information, please email email@example.com
To help and pay for this worthwhile program