A group of Legion Riders may form a Unit at their local Branch to coordinate local activities, to raise funds and to participate in community motorcycle rides. Volunteer to start a Unit or coordinate Legion Riders activities in your area!
For questions on starting a Legion Riders Chapter, please email us:
- LegionRidersWest@legion.ca for residents of British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- LegionRidersEast@legion.ca for residents of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador
LEGION RIDER CHAPTERS GUIDELINES
A group of Legion Riders may form Chapters and would be under the jurisdiction of the Branch to which the majority of the Chapter members belong.
- Legion Rider Chapters are coordinated by local Legion Rider members.
- Legion Rider Chapters are organized and operated at the discretion of the Branch.
- There are no by-laws specific to Legion Riders membership.
- There is no ‘minimum participation’ required.
- There is no cost to join (unless your Branch wishes to make Chapter membership a fundraising opportunity).
- Units may meet in their Legion Branch or other facilities.
TIPS TO START A LEGION RIDERS CHAPTER
- Legion Rider Chapters are organized and operated at the discretion of the Branch. Please contact your Branch for details and processes.
- Identify a Legion Riders coordinator or team at your Branch who can coordinate group activities and be responsible for your Chapter’s communications.
- Download and print the Legion Riders Release and Consent Form for new Legion Riders to sign. This information will be helpful when coordinating and communicating Legion Riders activities to your members.
Please note: This form is to assist Branches in tracking their Chapter members. We encourage all Legion Riders to register online to receive national updates on Legion Rider activities.
- Promote Legion Riders to all Branch members through brochures, posters, branch announcements, newsletters, email, and on your Branch website and social media.
- Download and print:
- Legion Riders Terms of Membership
- Legion Riders Branch Release and Consent Form
- Legion Riders promotional brochure – for Legion Members (trifold brochure)
- Legion Riders promotional brochure – for Non-Members (trifold brochure)
- Legion Riders promotional poster (8 ½ x 11)
- Legion Riders promotional poster (11 x 17)
- Let your Zone and Provincial Command know that your Branch started a Chapter and your Branch’s Legion Riders coordinator would like to connect with other local Legion Riders units. Your Zone or Provincial Command may be able to put you in touch with other Branches in your area and help you communicate local Legion Riders activities.
- Stay in touch with what’s happening nationally across Legion Riders! Register your Legion Rider’s Chapter email address with the Dominion Command Legion Riders Volunteer Communications Coordinator. Please send one email address per Chapter.
- For Legion Rider members that wear motorcycle vests or jackets, encourage them to purchase the official Legion Riders crest. See the exclusive Legion Members Store for a variety of Legion Riders items.
TIPS TO COORDINATE CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
- Identify motorcycle events and fundraisers in your community that your Chapter may be interested in and coordinate Chapter participation. The Legion is a proud partner of Ride For Dad and we encourage all Chapters to participate in their events.
- Share local events with other area Legion Riders Chapters and encourage other Chapters to join you.
- Send in your Chapter’s events and activities to the Dominion Command Legion Riders Volunteer Communications Coordinator to share with other Chapters across the country.
- Organize your own Legion Riders promotional events, fundraisers and activities! Popular ideas include a charity bike ride and BBQ, poker runs, meet and greets, and recruitment drives. Ride For Dad kindly provides the Legion with suggested activities and tips to get started.
- Develop connections with supportive motorcycle organizations in your region to share event information and encourage participation.
- Once your Legion Riders Chapter is established and active, be sure to send emails with your Chapter’s activities and photos to Dominion Command to share on our website and through social media! Ensure you get permission from anyone in the photo before sharing. Include your Branch name, location, description of the photo and activity, and names of those in the photo.