This year marks the Legion Foundations 20th anniversary!
The Foundation was formed in 1997 to be charitable arm of the Legion. As a registered charitable organization the Legion Foundation continues to support Veterans and strengthen communities. We will be giving more than $500,000 in support this year due to the generosity all those who donate.
Some of the ways Legion Foundations helps:
- Funds key initiatives in research and treatment of trauma and PTSD;
- Contributes to the acquisition of medical and other necessary equipment for senior’s care;
- Supports a diverse range of youth, academic, athletic and social programs;
- Distributes funds for Veterans’ programs like Service Dogs and initiatives to stop homelessness
- Provides housing support for Veterans and seniors
- And much more
Looking back at the last 20 years, we are proud of the good we have been able to do. Our hope is to continue this work and to create an even greater positive impact on communities across British Colombia and the Yukon. This would not be possible without the kindness of those who donate. Our ability to support our Veterans and communities depends on you.