Text Size 100%
Veterans Transition Programs
Programs & Services for Veterans
For more than 85 years, the Legion has been an iconic cornerstone of Canadian communities—at the forefront of support for returning military personnel and their families.
Now, a new generation of veterans is coming home, and your gift has never been more important. Veterans will continue to turn to the Legion for support in affordable housing, career transition counseling and trauma relief. Your donation will make a world of difference to struggling veterans.
Veterans Transition Program (UBC and UVIC)
The Veterans Transition Program is the only program of its kind in Canada, where former service personnel can receive support for trauma-related stress, career transitions and family relationships. It is a group-based opportunity—offered free-of-charge—to former members of the Canadian Forces & RCMP.
Program objectives to successfully transition from military to civilian life:
- Provide a professionally facilitated, confidential environment that will enable participants to understand the impact their experiences have had on their lives
- Offer group-based learning experiences focused on communication & coping skills
- Teach coping skills for dealing with trauma and to reverse cultural shock
- Encourage peer interaction
- Provide tools & techniques to process past events, optimize career transition and enhance family & social interactions
- 4-three hour Friday night sessions + 4-full Saturday sessions
- Each group consists of 7-10 participants, two or more professional facilitators and two peer support workers
Free Registration: The Veterans Transition Program is free of charge. To inquire or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Legion Military Skills Conversion Program, formerly known as the Reservist Re-entry Program, is designed to help accelerate and advance the civilian careers of former and current Reserve Forces and Regular Forces Canadian military members.
Through the three-pronged program, participants can choose to follow one, two, or all three of the following program paths:
- Fast track your education with a credential at BCIT through credits for your experience
- Become an entrepreneur and start a business
- Find a job and get working
Wondering if you qualify for the program?
- Are you currently in the Canadian or American military? OR
- Do you have previous military experience from Canada, America, Britain, New Zealand, or Australia?
We accept participants with current or previous military experience, regardless if it is Reserve Force, Regular Force or National Guard, three years or 30 years.
If you would like to participate in our program, please contact us and In the comments section give an outline of why you are interested in the program. Make sure to put down accurate contact information so we can get back to you in a timely manner.